- EKO HIŠA & STIL, 2016, Slovenski leseni izdelki, Ko les postane domu okras. Stef Chair – Monika D. Grkman. Aritmija Media d.o.o. Februar – April 2016.
- Monika Dežela Grkman, 2016. Slovenski stol z retro pridihom. Naš dom – Kultura bivanja. 2016/461. 45.
- KLC School of design, 2015, Story about Design by EmDG & Co. on KLC School of Design’s blog. KLC School of design.16th of January.
- ČZP Večer, 2015, Slovenski stol z retro pridihom. Naš dom – Kultura bivanja. ČZP Večer. 29th of December.
Slovene chair with a retro touch
Have you ever heard of “Stef chair”? Despite English name the product definitely has deeply ingrained Slovenian roots. The design and production of this adorable and comfortable folding wooden stool began by the end of the 1970s, when S. Grkman made the very first pieces in his home carpentry. After some time the chair and its story were pretty much forgotten for at least three decades until his daughter Monika Dezela Grkman decided to put some fresh air into the family woodworking and to revive the “lost” pieces.
After years of full-time job and considerably different professional path she decided to study interior design in London when she got inspired to start reviving the folding wooden chair, which is characterized by the simplicity, asceticism and charisma of solid wood.
Prudent and complete original design was followed by two versions – medium and XL – with the aim to enrich the living space with functional wooden furniture, retro touch and eco sensibility. Primarily made from beech wood and protected with natural coverings the chairs are appropriate for indoor as well outdoor use. This likeable pieces of furniture are a perfect fit for student residences or glamour events, we could even imagine them being placed on boats. As a counterbalance to the colourful interior environment they can help stimulate human imagination in kindergartens, design bureaus or as an extra next to a picnic basket when purchasing a prestige car brand.
A perfect corporate gift in creative packaging? Why not! These are just a few placement suggestions for “Stef chair” which is marked by its durability, sustainability focus and the aspiration of its creators for this chair to become a classic among wooden furniture with Slovene roots whether in commercial or residential facilities.
- Katja Nared, 2015, Monika Dežela Grkman, Delala je pri Evropski komisiji, se vrnila domov in začela izdelovati pohištvo. Planet Siol.net: Vodilni slovenski digitalni medij. 24th of November.
The article is about how it all began